Thursday, April 16, 2009

eoc2

Allison Dickerson
Frank Pinto Business law
April 16, 2009

The law is a tricky word what really is the definition of the law? Laws are not made to be broken that’s why they are called laws. Laws come in many shape and forms. There’s the truth and not the truth when it comes to certain situations. When I think of the law I think of your constitutional rights and our declaration of independence. The system should give us independence but not too much freedom cause individuals will take advantage of our government. We the people will take action for what we know is wrong and face the consequences. Having freedom of speech in our country is important to us as citizens; however some people take advantage of this. The system is wrong in so many ways; it also can be good in so many ways. Criminals are constantly being set free cause poor judgment on the cases that go to trial. Trials seem to only last a short period of time it seems when the convicted felon is charged with something like murder they seem to get off due a lawyer that they hired. The court system In Vegas seems to have poor judges that work in the court houses. They seem to get underpaid and there not happy with their career choice. The system also is also good and puts trials like the mothers killing their babies away. These people have psychological problems and need to be locked up. The system needs to improve in certain areas such as the drug busts that are still rapidly happening in the United States. I also feel that too many people go through stop signs and are not pulled over enough. Some cops are for the law and some are not for the law.

4 comments:

  1. Alie, when I read through your blogs a lot of things came to mind. The first and foremost is that I noticed we share a lot of the same ideas about the law and attorneys! With all the scandals that government officials and police officers have been caught doing it’s hard to trust and even believe for one bit that they’re out for the public’s best interest. The one thing that gets to us is that we know they are out for the money but its just reality because in the end that’s what everyone’s out there for. But, the other thing is I’ve noticed your blog doesn’t really flow together well, I don’t know if it’s because of how you assembled it or if it’s because you didn’t know what else to say. You have some great ideas and it really sounds like you know what you’re talking about so I would like to hear you elaborate on the first key points you hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In many ways I can agree that the law has both problems and privileges. To me the law needs a lot of fine tuning and a lot more work than people perceive however loop holes will always exist do to the fact that humans are foul able and there for anything we create will essentially be flawed let alone government so given that respect the trick is not to strengthen the laws but to fortify them in a way that will allow us as people to minimize the damage if not allow us to repair said damage when it is caused. That being said I got to agree with locking up those who have done major wrongs like baby killers. As for stop signs and drug busts that is something that will have to be cracked down on but frankly it will keep happening regardless so long as people desire to do things their own way. The only remedy I see not just enhanced law enforcement but public and or private help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison, I believe that what you are saying about the law is very understandable. We both are pretty much on the same page with opinions on the law, and I thought that was actually really cool and interesting. I do believe that the law is very confusing, and tricky, but just as long as we know them we know that we should not be breaking them. I really liked how you said that our government should give us our independence and freedom, but only to a certain extent, because yes, I believe that our government would be taken advantage of, and we would not live in a safe environment. I also agree on the criminal aspect of it. Criminals are being set free, and I believe that criminal acts should be taken more seriously. If they break the law, shouldn’t there be some kind of constant consequence? There is a lot of good but yet bad things about the law. When will we ever understand? -britney

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very good; I said a lot of the same thing in my blog. The law is a very tricky thing and I know where you are coming from when you say this. I also think that we have to watch our government very closely because if we do not they will, can and have taken advantage of us. So thank you for this very broad view on the law. You should take a look at my blog and see what I wrote.

    ReplyDelete