Thursday, May 7, 2009

bong hits for jesus

Bong hits for Jesus response

I believe in freedom of speech and we should have rights as citizens of the United States. I also believe in the amendments, and our constitutional rights and what laws that should abide by. I think that school was only trying to protect their students, and the schools safety environment. In my opinion I feel that Fredrick’s banner was inappropriate I didn’t really like what it said that can really offend some people. The court said that it all took place during school hours perhaps if took place after school it might not have been such a big deal. When they suspended Fredrick so abruptly it was a bad judgment constitutionally because they weren’t thinking of his rights. I do agree that the banner could have been promoting illegal drug abuse just by the words that are being used. When you’re in high school you should be concentrated on school, and learning, and not promoting drugs at school. In do understand why the school got so upset with the students and their behavior. I understand that In this case the school and the students had their own opinion of what they thought was right and wrong. Freedom of speech is used a lot in this case because it plays a big role in the event. I do think that freedom of speech is a little over rated Individuals try to use it in everyday life a little too much. Perhaps if the banner didn’t talk about drugs or religion it might have been ok. If it said you have the right to vote for what you believe in so the choice is yours that might have been more suitable. Perhaps the teachers could also be at fault for not supervising the kids more and seeing the banners before entered the school premises.

No comments:

Post a Comment